Yellow curry paste
Why a curry paste recipe since there are all ready in the trade, and well because the homemade paste is simply better, in addition in the particular case of yellow curry, those sold are often too spicy, a good yellow curry should be soft , with well-marked scents without being aggressive.
To make this homemade curry paste, you will need
Ingredients - 1 large shallot, - 1 head of garlic, - 3 tablespoons of turmeric, - 6 cm of ginger, - 16 coriander stems without leaves, - 4 tablespoons finely chopped lemongrass, - 1 teaspoon of salt, - 2 tablespoons of mild curry powder, - 4 large dried sweet peppers, - 1 teaspoon of white peppercorns, - 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds, - Coconut milk or coconut oil.
Preparation of the chili paste
- Place the whole head of garlic, the whole shallot, the turmeric and the ginger cut in half in the oven at 100 ° C and let them sit for at least 30 minutes until they are very tender,
- Remove the seeds from the dry peppers, rehydrate the emptied peppers in hot water for at least 15 minutes,
- Place the coriander seeds in a bowl of cold water and let them soak for 5 minutes,
- Drain the coriander seeds and cook in a hot pan for a few minutes to roast, cool,
- Crush the coriander seeds and white peppercorns, - Add the rehydrated peppers, drained and cut into thin strips and 2 tablespoons of coconut milk, puree in the blender, set aside in a bowl
Curry paste preparation
- Peel the candied garlic and the shallot, peel the ginger, - Mix the chopped lemongrass, the chopped coriander stems, the salt and 2 to 3 tablespoons of coconut milk, mix,
- Add the garlic, shallot, turmeric and ginger, mix, add the curry powder and continue mixing until you get a smooth paste, - Mix the quantity of chili paste desired with the curry paste to obtain a dough raised to your taste.
- This paste will keep for 10 days in the refrigerator and 3 months in the freezer.
I do not know why but I think this paste will soon be used in a recipe with Thai accents ....